FFA231 W9 ( MECHANICS OF MOTION) : GET INTO YOUR CHARACTER

Subject     : FFA231 (Mechanics of Motion)
Semester  :  FF115 III B
Exercise    : W9 ( Get into your character )






This week,  we've been surprised again with a new activity called "Be your character"

Well, expect the unexpected, because we're back at Mechanics of Motion! It's going to be an acting time for this week.


"Be your character", or which I called "Get into your character" is an activity in which each student will pick a random card which will assign us into certain character traits, such as ADDICT, PERFECTIONIST, SHY, and YES-MAN PERSON

And for me, I got...

Ergh.

This is totally out of my capability. I mean, I'm totally NOT a romantic person. I can at least came out with something better if I got PERFECTIONIST or ADDICT for example, which are part of my traits. But for ROMANTIC

I'm dead. This is it. My insides are screaming. Why did I even get this card? This is where I go panic, which I totally am at that moment.




I even skipped my turn because I can't even think of anything for this trait. I used to be okay with most of the class's activities, but this one's today is a total exception. It has to be done, like it or not. So with a little push from Nafiz (Thank you so much!), I'm just going to roll with it.


This blog is now tainted.



"A 1 full minute of a mistake of my life". I said to myself.


With 0% confident that this will work, I used everything I can find in the room as the props while being helped a little by Nafiz (the early plan was to make Nafiz as the waiter). Even though I know I'm so nervous that time, I just continue acting spontaneously, and that's all I did. Before I knew it, the bell rang, it's past 1 minute. I literally punched the wall after that just to bear the cringiness of this week's act (poor wall).

Overall, two things:

First, obviously, I'm NOT a romantic person.

Second, understanding how certain traits works is actually important if we want to develop a character. By acting, we can actually see how most of the traits looks like in action, if we know the traits well, that is. All in all, as nervous as I am that time, this is actually a fun way to mess around with myself. I gotta say, this actually worth a shot if I want to make a new original character of mine in the future.


Assignment Done. (Blog Update)
- Tuesday, 14 November 2017.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts