FFA233 ( DIGITAL INK & PAINTING ) : FINAL ASSIGNMENT (WEEK 10)

Subject     : FFA233 W2 (Digital Ink & Painting)
Semester   : FF115 III B
Exercise    :  Final Assignment (Week 10)



STEAMPUNK




- THE BATTLE CONTINUES -

Back at it again with our final assignment for Digital Ink and Painting. For this week's progress, I tried to experiment with using Paint Tool SAI the same way as using Photoshop.

 I know, I know... It's impossible to fully emulate the photo manipulating functions that PS has since it's the ultimate software for that purpose, and SAI is only at it's best for having blending options which helps a lot in certain cases. PS has everything you need, except for those blending functions, sadly. 

I don't want to start a flame war between SAI and PS though since both of it has its own specialties, and I won't deny it, I've been sticking with SAI since I begin to do digital artworks, I find it as one of the comfortable tools to use so far (I don't know, maybe I didn't even bother to try other software that are better).


Progress (Paint Tool SAI):














Sketch (Paint Tool SAI):


I tried experimenting with certain tools available in SAI to imitate the photo manipulating function of PS, though it's still a little way off. I do find certain things that are quite helpful. Since the lecturer found out that we've been in this dilemma of jumping out of our comfort zone (which is quite a disadvantage and a waste of time), she gave us a convenient way on setting this matter, in which we can use both softwares, Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop, working together for us to finish this assignment!

Why make war, when we can work together instead. Both can fill up each other's deficiency. 

So the plan would be:

Photoshop      : Photo manipulating (Overlay, photo                                    cropping  etc.).
Paint Tool SAI: Detail adding, blending, drawing.




Sketch (Robot):


Well then, let's try that again, shall we? 



Assignment Done. (Blog Update)
- Tuesday, 28 November 2017.



Comments

Popular Posts