FFA233 ( DIGITAL INK & PAINTING ) : FINAL ASSIGNMENT (WEEK 9)

Subject     : FFA233 W2 (Digital Ink & Painting)
Semester   : FF115 III B
Exercise    :  Final Assignment (Week 9)




- THE FINAL BATTLE -

... is already begin.

Finally, we almost reach our final destination for this semester's FFA233 class. We went this far for our diploma for Animation course, so of course, we want to end each and every 5 semesters we all faced together with a bang. But it's not going to be easy, it'll be full of challenges, stressful days and sleepless night, not to mention other assignments we also need to do, same as always. 


And as always...
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

For this final assignment, we have to do a concept art with a theme of:


     
STEAMPUNK



- STEAMY WITH PIPES, GEARS AND GAUGES -


Steampunk does catch my attention a lot of times when I checked onto some random stuff on the internet, mostly some artworks in this theme's section. It looks so complicated and yet it's super cool! And this assignment gave me an opportunity to dive deeper into the Steampunk theme. And since I too love some complicated artworks, let's do just that, some cool, complicated stuff till I cried and regret at the near-end.


Moodboard:


Since the lecturer spotted me always doing characters in my assignments, I changed my plan a little, to play more with the background and color, just like how concept art tends to look like.

Sketch One:


Sketch Two:

(APPROVED)

And since I planned to make a concept art with a steampunk-ish robot, I seek for some references on the internet and here are some that I find interesting:


Robot References:



























All gears are already oiled, the engine is already building up a head of steam, systems all checked!

 Here goes nothing!



Assignment Done. (Blog Update)
- Monday, 27 November 2017.


Comments

Popular Posts