FFA233 ( DIGITAL INK & PAINTING ) : PERSPECTIVE DRAWING

Subject     : FFA233 W2 (Digital Ink & Painting)
Semester   : FF115 III B
Exercise    :  Perspective Drawing




 Vincent van Gogh : Bedroom In Arles




- THE MATHEMATICAL SYSTEM TO GUIDE ARTISTS -





I remembered that I used to hate it when my dad placed a bunch of comics into my room. Most of them are those weekly short comics consists of 10-12 pages each. For a fanatic over the Hong Kong comics(or manhua) such as himself, he almost didn't miss any of it. He collected the comics from since when I'm such a small child, went back from work and went straight to a small grocery shop, pick the newest comics available and went straight home. And now, there's a big shelf full of this comics inside my room, even though each of them is just a thin A4 sized comic, to collect them and put them into a big shelf until it's full really took time and dedication... and also a lot sum of money.

I don't know why I used to hate it, maybe the fact that for all the rooms available in the house, my room was chosen as 'the victim' of his collections and it took so much space that, I think I could put something else that is much more important (to myself, of course).

Until I tried to check on one of them,

I can't help myself, I keep picking another one after I finished reading one. The storylines, the concepts, the artworks, most of them, really influenced me that time. I started drawing before that, but this is the first time I've tried to imitate one's art style. 

One of the comics, entitled "Wira Tunggal" by Wan Yat Leung, really done well on playing with perspective in his works. How he tried to achieve an eye-catching perspective of fighting scenes, sceneries, and cities really need to be praised.

So, it's not so bad to have this kind of comics in my room, actually, instead of getting rid of this so-called by myself 'bunch of old papers' away from my room, I decided to keep it, and read every single one of it. And I've tried to work on some perspective drawings along the way. Turns out, I'm quite a fan at the end. 


What am I babbling about anyway,
TODAY WE'RE GOING TO LEARN ABOUT PERSPECTIVE!


For today's class, Miss Sheila gave us some lectures to enlighten us on today's topic. Since I believe most of us are not really have the perspective drawing skills that can be considered good enough. Starting from One Point Perspective, Two Point Perspective till lastly, Three Point Perspective.

And after that, as expected, of course, some practices to make the learning process much faster.



One Point Perspective:

Two Point Perspective:







- GET SET, GO! -

After that, we were given some images to sketch. The sketches were meant for us to determine how the perspective works in each of the pictures. And the results are shown here:


One Point Perspective:





Two Point Perspective:





Three Point Perspective:




- OUTPUT -

Perspective drawings make objects appear more realistic, as they appear to recede as they get far away. If the receding lines are extended they will meet a points that are called vanishing point. 

Perspective is also a key to almost any drawing or sketch as well as many painting (as shown at the top, as one of the famous painting by Vincent van Gogh) . It is one of the fundamentals that we need to understand in art in order to create realistic and believable scenes. It will take some time to master it completely, but it'll be so worth it later.






Assignment Done. (Final Product and Blog Update)
- Sunday, 12 November 2017.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts