FFA 231 W5/6/7 (Mechanics of Motion) : What Animal I Want To Be? / Acting With Minimal Words / Scene With Soundscape & Atmosphere )

Subject     : FFA231 (Mechanics of Motion)
Semester  :  FF115 III B
Exercise    : W5/6/7 (What animal I want to be? / Acting with minimal words / Scene with soundscape & atmosphere )





While we're being animation students, we always find ourselves in this stressful situation where we have too many assignments in our hands that have to be done in a short amount of time. The pressure is inevitable until this class came while we're in semester III.

FFA231, Mechanics of Motion.

"This class is the most relaxing class we're having, which can be a place for us to release stress while being fun in this hell of a course we're in".

This will be the class that no one would ever want to skip or miss, I'm sure. 



- WHAT ANIMAL I WANT TO BE? -


For this week's class, we'll be enjoying three activities, which the first one will be "What animal I want to be?". A straightforward question, if I could choose to be an animal, which one I want to be, and why? 

🦊  A Fox.  





I've been facing this questions a lot of times (a really long time), even in our tiny WhatsApp groups, one of them which is  "Plot Factory" where we made each of the group members into animals based on our personalities.



The main reason why I pick fox as the animal I want to be is that I've been a nocturnal kid since when I was young, stayed up at night and enjoy doing my own things, drawing stuff or surfing the internet late at night. I continued this "habits" for years until I reached the point where I changed my cycle of sleep, making me a nocturnal person. 

There are some of the points where my parents scolded me for this "bad habits" of mine while calling me a "musang", I've somehow ended up attached to that animal. I always related myself to that particular animal every now and then, a "musang". 

"Jangan jadi musang malam-malam."

Well, that's my personal reason on why I picked fox. In this assignment, our real job was to pretend to be that very animal we've picked and talk about ourselves from that animal's point of view. So from all that personal answers, I picked up some of the points.

A primarily nocturnal mammal, but they can also be active during the day. They often hunt at night, mostly because foxes have great night vision. They've also got their own reputation for being sneaky. In Western and Persian folklore they are known as a symbol of trickery, mischief and cunning. 

Using this points, I had to be in character as a fox, explaining my daily lives and stuff to the whole class.

  _,-=._              /|_/|
  `-.}   `=._,.-=-._.,  @ @._,
     `._ _,-.   )      _,.-'
        `    G.m-"^m`m'      

      So I'm a fox now.



- ACTING WITH MINIMAL WORDS -




For the second exercise, we were told to be in a pair and act out a scene, whatever scene we like as long we made it with minimal conversation, using more of hand gestures and body languages to understand each other's action. 

Me and my partner, Eddie, will act out a scene which we both are at a bazaar Ramadhan, buying foods and drinks for the iftar. I dropped the foods, which at the time was some doughnuts that I was supposed to eat at iftar time. Then Eddie, which witnessed the doughnut accident, came to the rescue. It was also based on a real event. (yep, two doughnuts were harmed that day.) 


                         -  THE VIDEO -






- SCENE WITH SOUNDSCAPE AND ATMOSPHERE -



The final activity for this week's class, which is called "Scene with soundscape and atmosphere", we are told to split ourselves into two group, which each of the group consists of 10 peoples. In a group, we are then told to act out a scene, but with us needing to make various sound effects on our own, to mimic the atmosphere of the scene that we want to make.



-  THE CREWS -
Me, Kirin, Humaira, Kinah, Fadlin, Shazlin, Aileen, ZatNon, Helmi and Aiman.

For our team, we made a scene where the setting takes place on an old steam train in the Wild West (where cowboys and high noon gun battles are still around) where each of us will do our own part as we assigned to make this scene goes as smoothly as planned.





From the trains chugging noises, the sound of the train's whistle, the train worker shoveling the charcoal until the passengers chattering are needed to be made organically, created mainly by using our mouths, vocally.

The plot is about a steam train full of passengers are being robbed by two criminals. Little did they know that there are two sheriffs disguising themselves as ordinary passengers are also on the train. And before the criminals know it, they were taken down by the two sheriffs. I was assigned to act as The Criminal with my partner-in-crimeAiman.



-  THE VIDEO -




Assignment Done. (Blog Update)
- Saturday, 21 October 2017.





Comments

Popular Posts